Tennessee Presents Textiles is a wild and wonderful fantasia of fashion, art, food, and fun.
Just the type of entertainment and retail therapy you need to relax and motivate you for the approaching holiday season.
Art garments are elegantly presented by professional models giving you an “up close and personal” experience with the fashions—
hand made by some of the southeast's finest fiber artists.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Anna Kelly, new artist to TPT


Here's Anna's bio and pictures. She is new to our show this year. Her pictures show why we are happy to have her!





I have been playing with needle arts for fifty years. I started with garment construction and in the early 80’s experimented with quilting. Today I prefer a combination of the two and my main concentration is quilted wearables. I love learning different techniques and the wearables allow me to use a technique, finish my project, and move on to another technique. I have won awards for clothing construction and for quilting. This year I am excited to have a quilt in the AQS show in Knoxville.

I have a degree in education. When I lived in Maryland, I taught in the Montgomery County adult education program. My experience in Knoxville has been at Best Sewing where I taught a variety of classes. I also taught classes at their semi-annual quilting schools here in Knoxville and annual embroidery conferences held in Indiana.

I have taught at Stitches from the Heart, Gina’s, Joann’s, Hancock Fabrics, and A Mountain Quiltfest in Pigeon Forge.

No comments:

Post a Comment